Memory Care Services – Because Memories Matter
Westwood offers an exclusive memory care neighborhood located in our facility. The neighborhood is a secure community for people needing specialized memory care.
Our neighborhood offers a quiet atmosphere and a compassionate staff that is specially trained in memory care. This neighborhood is designed to help residents maintain their independence and increase their quality of life in a warm, homelike atmosphere.
To qualify for admission:
- Have a diagnosis of dementia or a related condition
- Be able to feed self or eat with cueing assistance
- Be able to function with cueing assistance for activities of daily living
- Medical need should not overshadow the neighborhood’s therapeutic benefit
Memory care community features:
- Electronically secured entrances
- Dining/living areas
- Specialized activity/recreational programs
- Specialized care plans